The Pick Up is one of the major figures for Revenue Management. It represents the dynamic of the company's performance. When many new reservations were made, we call this a strong Pick Up and if only few reservations were entered we are speaking of a weak Pick Up. This figure is used for both room nights sold and revenue of these room nights.
Let´s have a closer look at this Analyse Tools in RateBoard. First some filters must be set:
- Define the date range
- Choose whether you want to see the Pick Up for the room nights or the revenue
- Click on the “Refresh” Button
In our example, we want to have a look at the Pick Up made in a week in August 2019 for room nights:
- The vertical axis shows the room nights
- The blue columns show, how many room nights were booked on this specific date for any date in the future.
- The red columns show how many room nights were cancelled on this specific date for any date in the future.
- By hovering over a column, you get the details for this specific date. In our example, there were 25 room nights booked and 30 room nights cancelled, on the 23 August 2019 for the future.
When you choose the filter „Revenue”, the Pick Up will be shown in revenue generated in € for the future on all the dates in the time range. So, the vertical axis no longer shows the room nights, but the revenue. When hovering over the columns, the detailed revenue is shown for this specific date. In this example € 3.729 were booked for dates in the future on the 23 August 2019 and € 5.940 - were cancelled for dates in the future on the 23 August 2019.
When the setting is changed to „Current year and last year” both, room nights and revenue picked up will be displayed for the current date range and the same period last year.
On the last picture for the Pick Up, we can see how the Pick Up is distributed over the future. This is possible for both room nights and revenue. Let´s have a look at the example given in the picture:
- The vertical axis shows the rooms nights
- The blue column shows how many room nights have been booked in the given time (20 - 26 August 2019).
- The grey columns show what has already been on the books (OTB) before the set time (in our example 20 - 26 August 2019 ).
By using the two filters in the time line (red arrow), the graph can be shown in more detail for the filtered period. So, for every period you can go into more details.